How to delete all emails from particular sender?
- Excel Tips
- Excel Functions
- Excel Formulas
- Word Tips
- Outlook Tips
How to delete all emails from same sender address in Outlook?
Supposing there are hundreds of emails which are sent from a same sender in your inbox, but now you want to delete all the messages from this sender, how could you quickly delete these emails in Outlook?
Quickly search and delete duplicate emails in Outlook
With Kutools for Outlook’s Duplicate Emails feature, you can quickly find and delete them from multiple mail folders, or find and delete all duplicates from the selected ones with two clicks in Outlook. Click for 60-day free trial without limitation!
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features.
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments , and more remind features.
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject.
- Attachment Tools : Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All. Quick Report , Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts.
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
Delete all emails from same sender with Rules
In Outlook, under the Rules function in Home tab, there are two tools can help you move the messages from a same sender to the Deleted Items folder. But after deleting the messages, you must turn off or delete the rule you are created, if you haven’t turn off the rule, when you receive this sender’s messages next time, the emails will be moved to the Deleted Items folder automatically.
1. Please select the email whose sender you will remove emails by.
2. Click Home > Rules > Always Move Messages From, and your selected email['s sender has been added after the function. See screenshot:
3. Then a Rules and Alerts dialog box will display, and specify the Deleted Items folder to place the emails, and click the OK button.
4. All emails from the sender of selected email in the Inbox have been moved to the Deleted Items folder.
5. After removing the emails, please click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts, and then turn off or delete the new rule in the popping up Rules and Alerts dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: You can create the same rule with these steps: (1) Select the specified emails; (2) Click Home > Rules > Create Rule; (3) In the Create Rule dialog box, check the From and Move the item to folder option, and then click Select Folder button to select a folder to put the deleted emails. See screenshot:
Delete all emails from same sender with Search function
If you can use the Search function in Outlook, you can filter the emails that come from a same sender first, and then delete them.
1. Go to the Inbox folder under your account which you want to delete all the emails from the same sender address from.
2. Press Ctrl + E keys to activate the Search Tools, and then click Search > From. And now the search criteria from:"Sender Name" or from:(Sender Name) is added into the Instant Search box. See screenshot:
3. In the Instant Search box, please replace the Sender Name with the specified sender's email address as you need. And then all emails from this sender are found in current mail folder. See screenshot below:
4. Click one email item and press Ctrl + A to select all the messages, and then right click selected emails and select the Delete from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot above:
Delete all emails from same sender with Kutools for Outlook
Maybe above methods are somewhat troublesome, is there an easy or efficient way to solve this task? Yes, try Kutools for Outlook's (Delete) By Sender feature in Outlook.
After installing Kutools for Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Select the email that you want to delete all emails from this sender address, and then click Kutools > Relative Current > By Sender, see screenshot:
2. Now in the popping out By Sender dialog box, please check All option or specify the date range in the Filter Conditions section as you need, and then click the Delete button.
(1) You can manually select the emails in the By Sender dialog box for deleting;
(2) This utility is only applied to the selected folder, excluding its subfolders.
Demo: Delete all emails from same sender with Kutools for Outlook
Tip: In this Video, Kutools tab is added by Kutools for Outlook . If you need it, please click here to have a 60-day free trial without limitation!
Quickly search and delete all emails by a certain contact in Outlook
Let's say you need to find out all emails by a certain contact in Outlook. Normally you copy the contact's email address in the Contact folder, open the mail folder in Mail view, and then paste the email address into the Instant Search box to find out all emails from this contact. But, with excellent Kutools for Outlook' (Search by) This Contact, you can quickly find out all emails by this contact with only one click, and then delete all found emails easily in Outlook. Click for 60-day free trial without limitation!