How do you delete transactions on venmo?
- You can't delete your Venmo history, but you can make all of your transactions private.
- When you make your past transactions private, only the recipient and sender will be able to view it, effectively hiding it from the rest of your friends.
- You can also make individual past transactions private, or set all of your future Venmo activity on private in the app.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The Venmo app is a great, easy way to transfer money between people without having to hand out cash or write checks.
It has made shared payments like splitting bills easier for everyone, and it seems rare to run into somebody who doesn't have it.
Venmo also has a sort of social media aspect, where you can add friends and see who's paid who for what.
This can be fun, but if you're a more private person and would rather that information not be on display, there is a way to make it so that nobody else (beyond the sender and recipient) can see any of your past transactions.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
You can't delete your Venmo history, but you can make it private
1. Open the Venmo app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Tap the icon in the top left corner that looks like three bars.
3. In the side menu that appears, tap Settings, the second option from the bottom.
4. In the settings menu, tap Privacy, the option with a picture of a lock next to it, third from the top.
5. In the Privacy menu, tap Past Transactions, the first item under the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
6. In the Past Transactions menu, tap Change All to Private. Tap the same thing again when the confirmation box pops up at the bottom of the screen.
How to make all future Venmo activity private
If you would also like to make all future Venmo transactions private, follow these additional steps.
1. Return to the Privacy menu.
2. Under Default Privacy Setting, tap the third option, Private.
3. A confirmation box will pop up. Tap Change Anyway.
You can also hide specific Venmo transactions by going to the individual transaction and choosing to make it private.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
There's a limit on your Venmo transactions — here's how much money you can send and receive with each account type
How to receive money on Venmo and transfer funds to a connected bank account
How to set up a PayPal account and link a bank account or credit card
'Does Venmo work internationally?': No, you must be physically located in the US — here's what you need to know
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.